- Estimating the mass of the stone and calculating cut parameters
- Support for different cuts and a large set of parameters
of external cut designs and diamond 3D-models- GemCad, AutoCAD and Sarin files
import (registered version only)
- Working with different types of gemstones
- Finding unknown parameters (mounted diamonds, estimating proportions of diamonds before they are cut) and parameter fixing
- Selecting measurement units and parameters to show
- Appraising cut quality (GIA, HRD, AGA, Russian TU systems) and estimating the price of the diamond
- Different visual presentations of diamond, fine-tuning images to produce realistic view of a diamond
- Detailed description of DiamCalc appraisers
- Appraiser file format
- OctBrill.txt file format
- Price list file format
Appraising cut quality (GIA, HRD, AGA and Russian TU systems) and estimating the price of the diamond
OctoNus Diamond Calculator has two major features that help to evaluate diamonds:
- Appraising diamond quality and quality of particular diamond parameters (girdle size, pavilion angle, etc.);
- Pricing diamonds basing on price lists with discounts for diamond shape, cut quality, color and clarity.
There are several built-in systems of diamond grading ("appraisers"):
AGA and Russian TU. Moreover, the data of appraisers is stored as a text and can be edited,
so you can change criteria of
appraising diamonds or even add your own grading scheme.
Price lists are also stored as a text, so they can
be customized, including possible discounts for diamond
shape, color and clarity. Also, there is a free DBFCONV
utility which provides a way to use Rapaport price lists
with Diamond Calculator.
numerical representation of grading systems used by
DiamCalc is not an official data of the corresponding
bodies. Although the data was intended to describe HRD,
GIA, AGA and Russian TU grading systems as precise as
possible, some ambiguities or differences with the official
data might exist. OctoNus Software recommends that you
check appraiser data and modify it as necessary before
using it to grade diamonds for commercial purposes.
price lists supplied with DiamCalc are sample ones.
Although they are similar to real price lists used in
the diamond industry, OctoNus Software does not guarantee
that you can buy or sell diamonds at the price that
was calculated by DiamCalc on the basis of the supplied
price lists. OctoNus Software recommends that you verify
price list data and modify it as necessary before using
them for appraising diamonds for commercial purposes.
You can see how DiamCalc grades diamonds
for exact criteria of diamond grading
provided by DiamCalc.
How DiamCalc prices diamonds
explains how the price is calculated depending on diamond
color, clarity, shape and other parameters.
Quick guide on Key operations (How to..)