Galahad Compass is a software-hardware bundle that includes Compass Unit and dop hardware and Galahad Compass software itself. The solution helps to set the correct angles for the diamond in the dop with high precision before polishing the facet, as well as control stages and steps of the polishing. Stages combine steps for polishing facets of the same type. The system has two different modes: Galahad 1 and Compass. In the Galahad 1 mode, the user can view and manage planned stages and underlying steps. In the Compass mode, for the selected step, the slope and azimuth angles are set and then, after polishing, the results are controlled before going to the next step.
- Introducing Galahad "Compass" (Technical Assistance to Polisher)
- A novice polisher can give quality output similar to an expert polisher with many years of experience, while still increasing the output.
- Cutting and polishing any asymmetric cut is like a cakewalk.
- High productivity (as high as 2X to 4X).
- Helps you fulfill your design promise.
- Minimize no. of scans required during polishing.
- Use of existing tools & Pots.
The latest releases of Galahad Compass introduced on October 21 and December 10, 2020.
New Platform - unlike its predecessor Galahad Compass 5.4.3 (last version of Oxygen platform), this release is based on a new Carbon platform that provides better protection from unauthorized access which includes a new OX2Z file format and new requirements to HASP keys.
In these new versions:
- Workflow improvements
- Actual cut model in G1 mode
- Improved HASP protection
- New file format - OX2Z
- Fixed problems and improvements
See details in the release notes.