Smart Recut - Continued Improvement
29 Dec 2020
OctoNus continues improvement of Smart Recut - the improved algorithm of finding asymmetric recut solutions, taking into account possible inclusions in the stone and optimizing parameters according to various appraisers.
Related products: HP Carbon, Carbon Terminal
On this page:
The improved algorithm of finding asymmetric recut solutions, taking into account possible inclusions in the stone and optimizing parameters according to various appraisers.
What you get:
- Automatic optimization to get asymmetric solutions while exploiting variation limits permitted by the lab with limits modified based on customer’s requirement.
- The mass increase (Smart Recut vs Recut) by adding tolerable asymmetry:
- For RBC - average 3%, up to 7%
- For Generiс Fancies and Custom Cuts - average 6-7%, up to 11%
- Price jump due to overstepping the mass border in automatic or semi-automatic mode via reducing the requirements for symmetry.
- Ability to check what maximum mass can be obtained without violating the formal requirements of the GIA RBC (MaxMass preset).
- Ability to get solutions with Extra Facets for even more mass increase when needed.
- Ability to fix the already finished part of the semi-finished product in order to:
- Re-cut in case something went wrong (via fixing finished part)
- Control over the accuracy of following the plan and ability to adjust it
Smart Recut is:
- Suitable even for stones with surface cavities and concavities.
- Single-click operation without extensive training required.
- Pre-packed with different 3D symmetry and Optical symmetry limits presets.
And the basis for further one-click:
- Photoreal simulation of the obtained models to estimate H&A symmetry or other optical symmetry.
- Detailed Polish Report to help polisher and the manager to realize the planned solution.
- Precise estimation of final cut and symmetry grade based on GIA Facetware.
- Smart Recut documentation, usage video example.
- Technology page on lexus-com.
- Improved cooperative work with the composite appraisers (ability to use girdle extra facets related options)
- Ability to compare Smart Recut solution in Cutwise using integration (watch video)
- Extra Facets mechanism improvement
- User-friendly Smart Recut usage for multi-diamond solutions
- Multiple improvements to enlarge the mass of solutions
- New SR parameters for more control over the process
- Improved Smart Recut allocation for the big (5ct+) round stones
- Bug fixes and performance improvements