Smart Recut - Continued Improvement
OctoNus continues improvement of Smart Recut - the improved algorithm of finding asymmetric recut solutions, taking into account possible inclusions in the stone and optimizing parameters according to various appraisers.
The improved algorithm of finding asymmetric recut solutions, taking into account possible inclusions in the stone and optimizing parameters according to various appraisers.
What you get:
- Automatic optimization to get asymmetric solutions while exploiting variation limits permitted by the lab with limits modified based on customer’s requirement.
- The mass increase (Smart Recut vs Recut) by adding tolerable asymmetry:
- For RBC - average 3%, up to 7%
- For Generiс Fancies and Custom Cuts - average 6-7%, up to 11%
- Price jump due to overstepping the mass border in automatic or semi-automatic mode via reducing the requirements for symmetry.
- Ability to check what maximum mass can be obtained without violating the formal requirements of the GIA RBC (MaxMass preset).
- Ability to get solutions with Extra Facets for even more mass increase when needed.
- Ability to fix the already finished part of the semi-finished product in order to:
- Re-cut in case something went wrong (via fixing finished part)
- Control over the accuracy of following the plan and ability to adjust it
Smart Recut is:
- Suitable even for stones with surface cavities and concavities.
- Single-click operation without extensive training required.
- Pre-packed with different 3D symmetry and Optical symmetry limits presets.
And the basis for further one-click:
- Photoreal simulation of the obtained models to estimate H&A symmetry or other optical symmetry.
- Detailed Polish Report to help polisher and the manager to realize the planned solution.
- Precise estimation of final cut and symmetry grade based on GIA Facetware.
- Improved cooperative work with the composite appraisers (ability to use girdle extra facets related options)
- Ability to compare Smart Recut solution in Cutwise using integration (watch video)
- Extra Facets mechanism improvement
- User-friendly Smart Recut usage for multi-diamond solutions
- Multiple improvements to enlarge the mass of solutions
- New SR parameters for more control over the process
- Improved Smart Recut allocation for the big (5ct+) round stones
- Bug fixes and performance improvements