Flicker- and Reflection-Free Multi-Light Illumination
Multi-light technology is a lighting approach for microscopes driven by the combination of specific hardware (LED lighting) and software (frames live integration) elements aimed to empower human and enhance machine vision of objects.
Table of Contents
Key Features and Benefits
- Several high-speed LED lighting sections are turned on/off one by one in synchronization with the capture of frames
- The sets of frames are integrated into a clear image without manipulating an object
- Images free from overexposure make possible for robust defects detection (those seen from one direction only) and examination of details beneath glossy/shadow areas
- Flawless video stream is instant with 5 Mpxl resolution and up to 20 FPS speed
See details on the FLICKER- AND REFLECTION-FREE MULTI-LIGHT ILLUMINATION page of the Octonus DM site.
Curved surfaces. Typical lighting arrangements result in specular reflections at all sample orientations. Multi-light reveals a fine surface structure and internal details.
Click to enlarge:
Polished surfaces and transparent objects. Both direct and diffused modes create reflections and refractions which obscure internal features. Multi-light reveals internal details.
Video Example: COB LED under Conventional and Multilight Lighting
In the video, you can compare COB LED under conventional top lighting and multilight:
Used by Products
- DM Gold
- M-Box Multi-Light
- Adding to other products is planned